About Me

My photo
Laoac - Manaoag, Pangsinan, Philippines
They also call me |The Kalongkong |The Carpenter |The Grinder |The Welder |The HandyMan |The Dadegerr |The Runner |The Baller |The Hiker |The Mountaineer |The Planter |The Dancer |The Bullymer |The Joker |The Blogger|

4/20/2011

Now Showing: 1977 Film "Jesus of Nazareth"

Photo from moviepostershop.com
In line with the Lenten Season I was thinking of ways to celebrate it since I am still working at the office this Holy Week so it came to my mind that the best way to do it is to watch movies of Jesus Christ like Passion of the Christ, The Ten Commandments, Samson and Delilah, The Bible in the Beginning, etc but my first choice  is to watch Jesus of Nazareth. 

I know that I watched this already in my younger years maybe not or could have been part of film showing  during our Religion class or it was aired in television but I find it boring back in the old days that I would rather go out and play with my friends. We are now in digital era that reading books about Jesus can be difficult especially to young ones even me. Thanks to movie producers they come up with films that help educate and provide spiritual guidance. Religious groups are also coping with the Internet Technology so they are also hosting websites just to spread the Word of God. I am a movie goer and this Holy Week I wanted to dedicate my time and relive the life of Jesus Christ's journey and I think the movie "Jesus of Nazareth" covers it all. Jesus of Nazareth is a 1977 film, a Franco Zeffirelli's masterpiece that takes us from the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem through to His Crucifixion and Resurrection. The film covers dramatically:


The Joyful Mysteries
The Annunciation
The Meeting with St. Elizabeth, mother of John
St. Joseph's dream and acceptance of the virgin birth
Mary and Joseph in Nazareth
Travel to Bethlehem
The Nativity
The visit of the shepherds
Prophecy of Simeon in the Temple
Slaughter of the Holy Innocents by Herod
The Flight into Egypt
The Visit of the Magi
The Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple
The Baptism of Jesus in the Jordan
Beheading of John

The Miracles: 
Calling the disciples, feeding the multitudes, healing a blind man, the lame man, raising the child from the dead, returning Lazarus from the dead, anointing, meeting with the woman caught in adultery.

Sermon on the Mount
Sending of the Twelve
Triumphal Entry
Institution of the Eucharist
Agony in the Garden
Trial
Peter's Denial Thrice
Scourging
Crowning with Thorns
Stations of the Cross
Last Seven Words of Jesus
Burial in the Tomb
Resurrection



About the film: [Synopsis]
An all-star cast vividly portrays the life of Christ in this miniseries. Wonderfully directed and sensitively acted. 

Cast:

Robert Powell, Anne Bancroft, Ernest Borgnine, Claudia Cardinale, James Mason, Laurence Olivier, Anthony Quinn
Directed by: Franco Zeffirelli


Music by: Maurice Jarre. 
Producer: ATV Ltd., RAI.

This movie is best viewed with your family, in a classroom, Sunday School, youth group, religious ed class or Bible Study group. 

Reference: Moviepostershop.com and YouTube.com

No comments:

Post a Comment